What a Week!

I know that I am known by many as the worlds worst blogger.  Since I started our blog I have managed to update it about every 6 to 12 months.  Needless to say that is not quite often enough to keep everyone updated on our life!  I am not sure if anyone even checks our blog anymore, but I just had to update considering what an amazing week our family has had!  Since last Sunday (10/26/08) Lucy Elizabeth Drummond has joined our family, my brother Austin received his mission call, and we celebrated Halloween!

Lucy was born on October 26, 2008 at 12:56 p.m.  She weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  I went into labor at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning.  I did not want to go to the hospital and be sent home so I decided to wait until the contractions got closer and more regular. Ross and I took Will to my parents and went to the hospital at about 9:00 a.m.  Once we  were at the hospital things moved pretty quickly.  At first they were going to send me home, even though my contractions were only 2-3 minutes apart.  Thank goodness right before they were going to discharge me my water broke, which meant I got to stay.  From there I quickly got my epidural and life was great!  I am so thankful for modern medicine!  Once my doctor arrived I pushed a few times and Lucy was born. 



12 komente:

Palfreyman tha...

Elsha she is so adorable I wish I would have been working when you had her. Good luck!

Brandon and Tenille tha...

Oh my gosh should I fall over dead now you updated your blog. Congrats on little lucy she is gorgeous but I knew she would be. I am so glad we already got to meet her. Look forward to many more.....

Sam and Jess tha...

What a beautiful baby. Congrats to you guys! We were so happy to be able to meet her and spend time with you on Halloween.
By the Way, I think Will won best costume for the hot dog...that was so dang cute!!!

Christine tha...

Oh, Elsha! You had a beautiful little girl! Congratulations on having Lucy. Now you have one of each! How fun for you.

Travis and Kira Evans tha...

Cograts she is so dang cute!

Sid tha...

Elsha- how random that i checked your blog today- I am so glad you updated! She is beautiful! I can't believe it- I love the name Lucy- we almost named Ava that! She is beautiful, and will is a doll too, the cutest hot-dog ever! When you feel up to it, let's get together! Hope all is well!

Très Sucré tha...

Congrats! She is so cute! And I love the costumes:) Hopefully we'll see you tonight!

Cacia tha...

She is beautiful. your parents don't look old enough to be grandparents - and you look to pretty for just having a baby!

The Sanders Family tha...

I am so glad to see that you updated your blog!!! and with many pictures of lucy...she is so adorable. I am so glad that I was at work when you had her so I could see her in person, she is so cute!!! I hope you are feeling good and things are going well for you.

schaars tha...

Elsha I got so EXCITED that you updated I am going to add you to my blog now that you are back in the game. Lucy is BEAUTIFUL congrats and I lover her name I am so glad you went with it I hope I run into you again at target soon.

Ash

Shauna tha...

Elsha Lucy is too cute!! I love the ketchup costume! And of course Will is the cutest little hot dog ever! That's pretty funny! Hope everything is going well! I'm glad you updated your blog so now I can blog stalk you! :)

Sue tha...

Congrats!!! Lucy is a georgous baby! I'm glad you all are doing well. Keep updated on this blog PLEASE!!!! :)